Saturday, July 21, 2007

I DID IT!!!!!



If you noticed the entry on 26/06/07, you saw that I entered the Jabiru Mine to Town Race scheduled for July 16. It is a little over 14K so I was a tad worried. Was joking that I intended to carry a swag in case I had to camp along the way, but no worries mate!!!! There were 38 entries I came in 21st overall and of the 23 females I came in 8th so not too shabby. It was organized pretty much singlehandedly by my mate Louise Carrington who is a good fast runner and eats more junk food than anyone I have ever seen but is still lean and skinny. I would like to know her secret! Louise is a good human being, she is a nurse and is on her way out into the red center near Uluru with a team of medical personnel to do health checks on the Aboriginal kids who live out there. I told her to take her camera and take lots of photos, I will share them with you when she returns. In the meantime here is the report she wrote for our local "Rag" about the race and some pics plus one of me chugging along.





1 Comments:

Blogger lou07 said...

You are a legend!
It really was a fun morning! Just quietly, i think this time next year, Sally will be posting a blog about the half marathon that she has just completed! Bring it on! As my addiction to all things sugary and chocolate, its true - Sally catches me eveytime... but my butt is expanding and slowing me down. Im in Hermannsberg at the moment and would you believe they have a mens walking group each morning! So ive joined in a couple of times, and have been for a few runs - the scenery is beautiful. As for the army ration food that is supplied, im not convinced that what they call chocolate has cocoa or butter in it?? how can chocolate be chocolate if it doesnt melt??
See you when i get back Sally! Monday Night 5.45pm!
keep running my friend! you kick butt!!

12:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home