Saturday, June 09, 2007

The New Boss!

My friend Shayleigh runs the local grocery store. Since Jabiru is such a small town, she has a hard time finding workers. So she asked if I could help out a couple of days a week and I thought it might be fun, I never worked in a grocery store before. On Tuesdays I stock shelves, sounds simple enough, but let me tell you, I have developed a new respect for the domino theory since I have started! And on Fridays I am a "check out chick!" That is really an experience, I also have developed a much deeper understanding of and sympathy for check out chicks all over the world, heheheh!!!

Here are a couple of photos of Shayleigh as she gives me my instructions for the day.




Here she is as she patrols the aisles, making sure all is well and occasionally sampling the produce for freshness. She is a stickler for freshness, keeping an exceptionally close check on the chocolate cake and cookies!



And last but not least, here is me at my post.



By the way, Shayleigh also has Nikki and Martin, her parents, working in the store, she keeps a close eye on them as well to make sure they do their job well and don't slack off because they are related to the manager!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home