Saturday, June 09, 2007

Convenience Stores

I have heard some complaints from USA friends regarding the take over of 7/11's and other convenience stores by certain ethnic groups. I am not sure why anyone is complaining because the hours and work involved in running a convenience store is not the sort of life style that most people would want anyhow. But none the less, I wanted to show you the problems we are having here in Australia. This first photo shows Sam's Fuel Stop, one of my favorite rest stops on the 2.5 hour drive to Darwin.



Now look closely at this picture and you will see Sam himself standing in the shade at the front door.



You got it, Sam is a bloody horse!!! We are having an equine revolution here, they are taking over convenience stores all over the countryside. But I must say Sam does give excellent service, he always comes out to greet me when I arrive.



He will pump the fuel and wash your windshield too, when was the last time that happened!!! And best of all when you leave, he always comes up real close and will give you a nice kiss goodbye if you are so inclined!



And a friendly wave and swish of his tail as I drive away! All in all, Sam is a very nice bloke, I always look forward to stopping by to say g'day when I head on into town.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOL How funny!! I wish the horses would take over some of the convenience stores in the states sometimes!

Katie, Sumo, and Pearl

1:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home