Monday, February 26, 2007

The Road to Darwin in February



This is a pretty ominous sky and the rains came not too much later, but isn't it something how the sky is so black ahead but the sun still shining from behind creates such a contrast!



All throughout the flood plain you can find groups of these water lilies, they are a vivid pink and so beautiful. The aboriginal people eat parts of them. I like this photo with the rain coming down in the background.



Just a little further up the road is this huge grove of pandanus trees, there are thousands of them. They are such a beautiful tree, I love the look of them.



It has not been a heavy wet so far this year, not nearly as much rain as last year, but as you can see it is slowly filling up the creek beds that have been dry for months. If I had my fishing rod with me I would try a few casts at these spots, the big barra are running!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home